DMCA PROTECTED AND MONITORED

© COPYRIGHT – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This site is protected and monitored by DMCA.COM - ANY UNAUTHORIZED Reproduction, Duplication, Distribution of any kind is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All original content is created by the website owner, Barron Shepherd, including but not limited to text, design, code, images, photographs and videos are considered to be the Intellectual Property of the website owner, Barron Shepherd, whether copyrighted or not, and are protected by DMCA Protection Services using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3). Direct linking, reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission. Under 17 U.S.C section 101 et seq. those who violate the DMCA could be liable for statutory damages as high as 150,000.00 as set forth in section 504(c)(2) therein.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

JUDO: Next morning after first class

I am a little sore but it feels good. The last thing on my mind last night before I feel asleep was judo. I was mulling over the night's grappling drills. Doing newaza in my head recalling each drill and each match seeing the mistakes and missed opportunities.

My neck is sore, my face is a little marked up from the newaza there is blood on my gi, mine mixed with the others I was grappling with. The muscles used in grappling are an entirely different group of muscles used in anything else. My return to Judo seems like being reunited with a long lost friend. The familiarity was felt as I was putting my old judo gi back on for the first time last night before class.

I cannot believe how good it is to be back doing judo in a competitive environment. I have been so involved with all sorts of B.S. the past two years that I hadn't been able to really enjoy anything. However, life seems to make sense on the judo mat. It is nice to be able to "SEE" your opponent and what he throws at you.

I woke up this morning with a purpose and a clear unclouded head. Undaunted by life's troubles and the crap suffered over the past two years, the competitive juices are flowing. I am at peace and looking forward to stepping back on the mat again Wednesday. A long lost familiar feeling. I haven't felt like this in a long time.

1 comment:

Grene Team said...

Good morning,Mr. Amazing Man. Great blog and I wish you to mention your book."Clash of Titans", I have it on the shelve above the computer and will open it once again. You are indeed a good author. I wish you the best. Come see my gallery on Havendale...Ms. Pati from Berto's gym