DMCA PROTECTED AND MONITORED

© COPYRIGHT – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This site is protected and monitored by DMCA.COM - ANY UNAUTHORIZED Reproduction, Duplication, Distribution of any kind is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. All original content is created by the website owner, Barron Shepherd, including but not limited to text, design, code, images, photographs and videos are considered to be the Intellectual Property of the website owner, Barron Shepherd, whether copyrighted or not, and are protected by DMCA Protection Services using the Digital Millennium Copyright Act Title 17 Chapter 512 (c)(3). Direct linking, reproduction or re-publication of this content is prohibited without permission. Under 17 U.S.C section 101 et seq. those who violate the DMCA could be liable for statutory damages as high as 150,000.00 as set forth in section 504(c)(2) therein.

Saturday, August 29, 2009

JUDO: Saturday and still feeling it

I woke up Saturday morning still feeling every muscle and joint in my body. My back and neck killing me. I have had the past couple of days off work and used them for a much needed rest and recovery from the two a day practice this past Wednesday. I walked into the dojo at 11:30 and to my surprise it was a light practice.

The guys were working on some other types of submission techniques such as leglocks and ankle locks. This was a good diversion and a fun training session. Although it was explained that these were Sambo techniques I think it is interesting to know that at one time before judo was considered an olympic sport that judo did consist of leglocks ankle locks and neck cranks . (Mikunosuke Kawaishi published a book entitled "My Method of Judo" in 1955 in which such techniques were demonstrated.) These techniques however are deemed illegal in competition. However they were a nice break from regular training.

After the leglocks we got back into judo newaza techniques. We began to drill as we had done before we were grappling in 3 minute periods and then changing opponents. I was still not moving as I thought I should be, I was still stiff and sore. It was a great cardio workout and in the end I was exhausted.

The instructor let the class know that Monday we would be doing randori. Randori is a term used in Judo to describe free-style practice or sparring. I left the dojo just wanting my body to stop aching and now wondering how I was going to do at randori Monday at practice.

1 comment:

Pati'sPatio said...

Sounds like you are having fun and still working out ...Berto had all the challengers on the pavementtoday at 8am
They(WE) have lost 623 pounds. and it shows. Come back and train a few times with us..He's invited everyone back for a month.Tough workouts but well worth the efforts.
Blessings from Ms. Pat on the front row....